As we go about our daily lives, we’re never expecting an unforeseen dental crisis to happen, even if we’ve completely neglected our teeth and oral health. Tooth sensitivity can be an indicator that something’s wrong in our mouths and we better take action before it develops into an unwanted illness. There are perils to consider if we neglect our dental health. They include:
- Gingivitis (gum disease)
- Decay and cavities
- Abscesses in the mouth caused by bacteria
- Tooth sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures
- Dry mouth
- Bad breath
If you’ve ever felt as though your smile isn’t quite right and you’re in need of assistance to get it back on track, there are steps we can take to ward off dental health complications.
- Dietary habits – Every food and beverage that goes into our mouths and bodies plays a role in the health of our teeth.
- Positive daily dental practices – Thoroughly brushing with a soft-bristled toothbrush, flossing in between all teeth and hard to reach places in the mouth, and rinsing with fluoridated water are positive steps to maintain good oral health.
- Treatments and Procedures – Dentists and our teams are skilled at restoring smiles and teeth for all your needs. If you’re in need of dental implants, crowns, bridges, dentures, professional teeth-whitening, or veneers, we have the education and professional treatments and procedures to ensure your optimum dental health.
- Regular cleanings and exams – It’s important to visit your dentist twice annually. However, if a tooth is sore or your gums are bleeding, these may be warning signs of other problems arising in your mouth.
Scheduling a Dental Visit
Even if you’ve taken every precaution to maintain your teeth and oral health, it’s still a good idea to schedule a dental visit in case there’s problems lurking that you might have missed. Dr. Majors in Bryan, TX can detect when teeth are not quite up to par, and with a thorough examination he’ll help you identify dental signs that can have consequences. Give our office a call today. Dr. Majors and his team are ready to help.